Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it possible to have an automatic connection to one of my 2 WiFi Access Point regarding the level of the signal ?

Hello,

I have 2 wifi Acess Point in my house : AP1 and AP2.

The signal is better with AP1 in one side of the house and better in the other side of the house with AP2. So I always have to switch from AP1 <->AP2 when I move in the house.

Is it possible to have an automatic switch?

I must add that they have a dif name (AP1 & AP2) with dif password because dif people are using AP1 or AP2.

Thank you.

Sophaletta

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2015 9:34 PM

The only way to roam is to have both using the same name and same password.. otherwise you will have to continue doing what you are doing.

2 replies

Oct 29, 2015 9:35 PM in response to sophaletta06

Some devices, like Macs, will automatically "switch" from one access point to another when they move from one area to another. Simply use the same wireless network name and same password on both access points.

Unfortunately, most mobile devices like iPhone, iPads, tablets and PCs will not automatically switch from one access point to another even though both access points use the same name and password. In that case, you must temporarily turn off the WiFi on the iPhone / iPad, etc when they move from one area to another, then turn the WiFi back on the device will usually pick up the signal from the closest access point.

is it possible to have an automatic connection to one of my 2 WiFi Access Point regarding the level of the signal ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.