Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to open Pages 09 documents with Pages 5.5.3

It is unpossible to open Pages '09 documents on Mac Book Pro with OSX El Capitan and Pages 5.5.3 installed. Always a pop-up says first to save the document in Pages 09, which is not anymore on my computer. How to manage this problem?

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:36 AM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2015 5:54 AM in response to MGBUS

Thank you for your suggestion. The document is made in 2010. I have installed iWorks '08 again without success. I bought the new Mac Book Pro in 2013 with the new version of Pages on it and transferred my documents from one to the other computer. Since I cannot open my old Pages document who was first to be saved as a Pages '09 document. Can you give me a solution?

Thanks.

Oct 12, 2015 6:09 AM in response to MGBUS

As Peter pointed out, your description alludes to a Pages document earlier than Pages '09 — which Pages v5.5.3 would not support.

Simply installing Pages '08 on El Capitan isn't good enough. The software is too old. You have to update the individual iWork '08 applications before they will work on El Capitan.

You must export to Microsoft document formats from any of the above for document compatibility with their contemporary counterparts on El Capitan.

How to open Pages 09 documents with Pages 5.5.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.