Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I want to see a movie in my apple tv from my mac, it take ages...

I normally use my apple tv to see movies in my living room tv from my mac (which is in a bedroom).

Most of the times it take ages so the movie does not download completely to the apple tv. Apple tv seems to be well connected to the mac, but speed is too slow.

I would think that its because these movies are around 1gb,but sometimes I play them in the apple tv and works really well, non stopping, etc...

Its really annoying and I dont know what to do. I suppose it doesnt help that both my Mac & rooter and in a bedroom and the apple tv is in the other part of my flat, near the tv. I've read maybe I need sth which expands the connection, but when I use my macbook pro in the living room, it works perfectly well...It's sth to do with the apple tv.

I use it mainly as movie player and I changed it from a normal external disk I used to have because it was annoying having to connect that disk to the mac, then connect it again to the tv every now and then, plus formats supported were not the same, etc..

any idea or help??

Thanks

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 3:33 AM

2 replies

Oct 12, 2015 7:37 AM in response to ElTuyo

On the Apple TV, go into Settings > General > Network and check the signal strength. If it's not 4 or 5 dots, your wireless connection isn't very good. Since your MacBook Pro works well in the living room, simply moving the Apple TV a few inches is likely to improve the connection. There might be something in the room that's obstructing and/or reflecting the wireless signal.

Since you live in a flat, there are probably other wireless networks in nearby flats that could be interfering with your own wireless network. Restarting your wireless router will cause it to re-scan and choose a "cleaner" channel to operate on, or you can try different channels manually. In either case, the Apple TV will quickly find the new channel.

when I want to see a movie in my apple tv from my mac, it take ages...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.