Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my synced DSLR photos, with 3x2 aspect ratio, to display correctly in Photos iOS app without getting cropped?

I like to sync my DSLR photos to the Photos app. But when I open them in Photos, they automatically fill the screen, which significantly crops the top and bottom of the image.If I double-tap to zoom in and then zoom out, the image displays correctly after zooming out. But that's a pain to do for each and every photo when I'm showing them to people. How do I get the photos to display properly from the get-go (albeit with black borders on the side)?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:51 AM

6 replies

Oct 14, 2015 4:54 PM in response to The Ennumerator

I would really like a solution to this problem too. It's really embarrassing having to zoom in and out on every photo just to show a client examples of my DSLR work. Most of my photos are in 2:3 ratio and the edges always get cut off when swiping through my portfolio. Apple should have fixed this issue by now since so many people have DSLRs these days.

Oct 15, 2015 4:33 PM in response to Elephantopia

Hey Apple, how about a function in the Photo App that allows users to see photos in their native crop factor? Or program it so it automatically shrinks the photo to a point where zero pixels are outside of the viewing screen. It could be a switch that is default set to ON. Sorry I don't know how to program stuff like this myself, otherwise I'd surely try. If there are any more serious photogs out there that get what The Enumerator and I are talking about, please let Apple hear your voice.

How do I get my synced DSLR photos, with 3x2 aspect ratio, to display correctly in Photos iOS app without getting cropped?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.