Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get music I purchased from iPhone into my PC's iTunes?

I am using an iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.2 or so, haven't downloaded the latest ones as I'm concerned with memory space), using an Asus G74SX laptop with windows 7, and probably not the latest version of iTunes either.

Due to the difficulties of finding CD copies of music I like where I live, I've been downloading a few albums from iTunes via my iPhone, and thus the purchases are on my iPhone but not yet in my PC. I want to sync it up so that my PC's music library matches with my phone's music library.

I have tried File>Devices>Transfer purchases and it doesn't seem to work - it only syncs up apps and not my music. Another thing to note is that some of the music on my PHONE seems to have an exclamation point on them (see image below), even though I can play them on my phone just fine; so not sure what this means... I know the music I have bought but not yet downloaded displays as an empty dotted-line circle.

It also doesn't really matter whether some of the music has an exclamation or not, as none of the new music I have bought from iTunes via iPhone are not being transferred to my PC.

Am I missing some sort of setting from transfer purchases that is supposed to enable me to transfer music purchased from my iPhone into my PC?

User uploaded file

Hope my explanation was clear enough. Looking forward to some answers and solutions!

Nanda

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2, Asus G74SX laptop with Windows 7

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:50 AM

7 replies

Oct 13, 2015 6:08 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks again turingtest!

Following the info on your link and going into actual iStore did solve my issue; it was just a case of redownloading stuff that I purchased.

I guess it didn't occur to me to go to the iStore because generally I don't visit it much when using the PC; and assumed it would be a case of using iTunes to grab the stuff off my phone or something.

Here are a few screenshots of how I did it for those who have a similar issue.

1. Go to iTunes store

2. Click on purchased and you'll see all the songs/albums/stuff that you purchased but have not yet downloaded onto your pc

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Thanks for the input guys!

How to get music I purchased from iPhone into my PC's iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.