Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks Author and El Capitain

Good morning everyone.

With the program "El Capitain" when iBook Author starting it is to slow and the fans the my macbook pro are like crazy. After about 15 minutes the program work normally. It is happened already to someone?

Many thanks

marco from Italy

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:57 AM

11 replies

Oct 18, 2015 9:22 AM in response to fiordaliso_4

I have this problem too. It is somewhat dismaying to see so many problem reports but only occasionally an acknowledgement from Apple. Now, if holding the shift key on start prevents a cache from loading, why is this suddenly necessary, is the cache really needed, and when are we going to get a fix?

Oct 18, 2015 2:12 PM in response to Community User

I think that this is a general El Capitan problem. I learned about holding the shift key down while being tech-supported for trouble with Mail. Mail wouldn't open or wouldn't show me the Message Viewer if it did open. I'm hoping there'll be a bug-fix release of El Capitan pretty soon.

And I can't see that loading without the cache takes anything away from me. I'm not clear on what the cache is supposed to be doing.

iBooks Author and El Capitain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.