Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro knocks while shake or tilt it left to right.

I've bought my MBP about 5 months ago - everything was fine before, but now if i tilt it or just shake a little - something knocks inside from side to side (looks like battery), I can hear it knocking around inside.

Is there a chance that the battery glue is weak on this particular unit and is coming loose when the laptop is hot?If so, what should I do? The Apple serviceman are consistently unhelpful and just says that's OK , every Macbook has the same.

But it's my second MBP and no - it never was like that.

Also for only 5 months keyboard space became "very used" , previous MBPs and also cheap Samsung laptops much more resistant.

What do you guys think?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:05 AM

15 replies

Oct 13, 2015 12:14 PM in response to Elixir1119

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZzTo_Z4fbw

I made a video showing the noise.

Just got a 2nd Macbook and its making the same noise.

This is 2/3 Macbooks that we have purchased from the Apple refurb outlet making this noise.

I am returning both of them. I have never before seen a laptop that has parts moving around inside it.

This is a cross post from: Macbook Pro Retina when tilted or flipped makes a clicking/popping noise

Oct 14, 2015 8:44 PM in response to leroydouglas

Oh, I will be taking it in. Right now I'm out of town; I'll bring it in when I get back. I found out about this noise only a few days ago and it's been bothering me ever since. Also I need this laptop for class and it's the only laptop that I own besides a surface pro 3 which is horrendous for multiasking. Only thing I'll accept is a new exchange until this semester is over.

Oct 14, 2015 8:48 PM in response to AKozhuhov

AKozhuhov wrote:

Sure it's under warranty, i've filled online complain and get that answer, that it's fine. MBP2015 works like that. Like a rattle i mean.

Really try to take my money back and never buy their production after that, it's ridiculous.

Why settle for a on-line answer and rebuttal, yes that is ridiculous.

Take it in for over the counter hands on evaluation. Obviously something is not right.

Macbook Pro knocks while shake or tilt it left to right.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.