Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blacked out iphone 4s with ios9,but it rings and siri talks

why is my iphone 4s not displaying anything,but it rings,siri talks but there's nothing on my screen just plain black.it's like she's dead but she talks and rings.help is very much appreciated..thanks in advance everyone.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.1, blacked out

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 4:12 AM

IT happened to me too! On my 4S, while driving through Baltimore using MAPS. It just suddenly blacked out, and I tap the home button thinking it had hustled faded out. When it stayed black, I thought it was dead and started to panic since I was in unfamiliar territory. Suddenly the Bluetooth told me to turn left. So it was really ON! Siri also worked when I checked it. I brought it in to Apple and they said the screen had just gone bad but the battery was all right. I brought it into another Apple store and they said the battery had overheated, and the whole phone would need to be replaced. I felt the cost was too much so I upgraded to a new phone. But I always wondered what really happened because this happened right after I upgraded to iOS 9.0.1

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 4:12 AM in response to caixie0411

IT happened to me too! On my 4S, while driving through Baltimore using MAPS. It just suddenly blacked out, and I tap the home button thinking it had hustled faded out. When it stayed black, I thought it was dead and started to panic since I was in unfamiliar territory. Suddenly the Bluetooth told me to turn left. So it was really ON! Siri also worked when I checked it. I brought it in to Apple and they said the screen had just gone bad but the battery was all right. I brought it into another Apple store and they said the battery had overheated, and the whole phone would need to be replaced. I felt the cost was too much so I upgraded to a new phone. But I always wondered what really happened because this happened right after I upgraded to iOS 9.0.1

blacked out iphone 4s with ios9,but it rings and siri talks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.