Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer data from my Ipod Classic directly to my Ipod touch?

I am travelling and just bought a new ipod touch but do not have access to my Itunes. How can i transfer the music from my ipod classic directly to my ipod touch without downloading the library on my business laptop? There is a memory issue which is why I would like to avoid that.

Is there any command on itunes which allows me to do that ? I know how to stop the syncing for my ipod classic so my songs don't get wiped out...

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 8:50 PM

You can't. iTunes can only copy files that are in its library. You cannot directly access the media that is stored on the iPod. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device and also Make a split library portable. You could extract the media on your classic into a portable library on a portable external drive, then use that to update the iPod touch.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2015 8:50 PM in response to pathak71

You can't. iTunes can only copy files that are in its library. You cannot directly access the media that is stored on the iPod. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device and also Make a split library portable. You could extract the media on your classic into a portable library on a portable external drive, then use that to update the iPod touch.

tt2

How can I transfer data from my Ipod Classic directly to my Ipod touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.