Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you add a footnote on pages? i need to add the small numbers next to my text as i am adding references into my writing

i am adding references to my writing and i can't figure out how to add footnotes to the words i.e the small number next to a word.

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 6:14 AM

When your insertion point is behind the word that you want to footnote, you simply choose Insert menu ▸ Footnote. The corresponding footnote is also placed at document bottom. The Format panel on the right will have a Text and Footnotes tab that you can use on those footnotes.

Had you typed Footnote into the Help menu Search field, the Insert menu entry would have been revealed for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2015 6:14 AM in response to harjot.w

When your insertion point is behind the word that you want to footnote, you simply choose Insert menu ▸ Footnote. The corresponding footnote is also placed at document bottom. The Format panel on the right will have a Text and Footnotes tab that you can use on those footnotes.

Had you typed Footnote into the Help menu Search field, the Insert menu entry would have been revealed for you.

how do you add a footnote on pages? i need to add the small numbers next to my text as i am adding references into my writing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.