Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Roland um-one doesn't mount

Roland um-one midi interface doesn't mount on MacBook Pro OS El Capitan 10.11. I've installed a driver from Roland but the um-one doesn't show up in the midi studio. I scan for new device, but the um-one doesn't show up anywhere.

The same um-one works fine on my old Mac-Book Pro, (I use it to record from a Roland TD-3 drum kit)

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 5:03 AM

11 replies

Oct 13, 2015 2:01 AM in response to rkaufmann87

If you read my first post you'll see that this is clearly not a problem with the Roland interface. It works on my other MacBook Pro and on both iPads. For some reason the new MacBook Pro is not seeing it, i.e., the problem is most likely with the Apple product or the Apple OS (or my lack of understand of the Apple product).

Anyone else dealing with this? Any solutions?

Jan 17, 2016 1:14 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks. That's what I figure although they provided a driver that worked for Yosemite - I'd therefore hoped it might work for El Capitain but given my um-1 has probably been in service now for over 10 years I realise it might be time to retire it soon as I can't forego all future updates forever. As it happens I found a m-audio midi interface in my bits and bobs that is working fine with el capitain. I can use it while I wait to see if Roland sort the problem. I gather there are a range of devices that are having issues with el Capitain so I might just hang onto the um-1 for a bit to see what happens.

Jan 17, 2016 2:19 AM in response to dialabrain

No. Thanks. Just running the regular el capitain download that came automatically in my updates. The driver doesn't even give any power to the um-1 through the usb port. It does seem strange but my guess is they designed the latest driver it for the um-1 mark 2 which presumably is very similar in software requirements to the um-1. However on this occasion it doesn't seem to work for the um-1. If anyone does get it working, can you please post here. Thx.

Roland um-one doesn't mount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.