Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPad Pro have a flash player?

I've always wanted to have a flash player for my devices, but there has never been a flash player for the iPad 1 (the one from 2010) nor has there been one for the iPad Air 1 (the one from 2013), so all I can do is use flash player apps from the App Store. I've been thinking; does the iPad Pro have a flash player? My friend said that there probably will be, but I'm not sure. Is there going to be a flash player for this futuristic, productive, nice device? I hope so, since it is a lot faster than most desktop and laptop computers, and has a lot of nice features.

iPad

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 5:34 AM

No, adobe flash will NOT be available on the iPad Pro. It still runs iOS.

14 replies

Jan 6, 2016 11:53 PM in response to restaurantpattybob

Adobe killed Flash player development back in 2011, just before SJ died.

Adobe admitted defeat in that they could not develop a mobile Flash player that wouldn't constantly cause issues with the stability, performance AND, more importantly, the security of iOS.

So, I wouldn't hold your breath any longer for any Flash based solutions from Adobe.

Also, much of the web, now, has finally started to convert over to HTML 5 or the latest HTML standard for a lot of motion and animation on websites.

Those websites still using Adobe Flash will, eventually, have to convert to a new web standard.

Adobe Flash is still a security vunerability the Adobe has to constantly, and not very quickly, has to keep patching.

Adobe Flash player really needs to completely die.

I can't believe Flash Player is still alive and hanging in there in 2016.

It really needs to die/end.

The sooner, the better!

I am very glad none of my Apple mobile devices use Adobe Flash player, especially, my iPad Pro.

Jun 1, 2016 5:17 PM in response to restaurantpattybob

Unfortunately no. On my android Note 5 and my Note Tablet I'm used to browsing the web like I would on a computer. My new iPad Pro feels more like I'm browsing on a simplified mobile version of the Internet which isnt all bad. If I see something that cannot load because of iOS I just hop over to my iMac or android device. I will say, it's sad not being able to download what I was and being forced to go through the App Store which requires and open credit card on file....Apple is well known for being too proprietary...

-Former Employee

Jun 1, 2016 5:30 PM in response to Michael Glovik

If you are getting mobile versions of websites instead of regular websites, there is usually a notation, like "view full website" that you can tap on at the bottom of a mobile website version to view the normal, full website.

I, always, view the full websites on my iPads.

As long as these websites don't use any Adobe Flash Player content, the full website should appear as it should and will work/navigate as it normally would on a regular computer except you can use fingers to tap on active navigational content.

Jun 2, 2016 7:20 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

I Go to a lot of nerdy game websites to do my reviews and stuff and just today got this page that says i can't see the game play videos because I don't have flash. So I switched to my new note Phone and it worked fine.. I couldn't upload my screenshot because of file size issues.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2005/05/18/starcraft-ghost-playstation-2-trailer-e3-20 05-trailer-02

its probably and older link but still wished they had something to where I didn't have to always have my Samsung around to save the day. I like my iPad for browsing.

Does the iPad Pro have a flash player?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.