Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am recieving my husbands text messages on my watch and it is paired with my iphone and logged in with my apple ID...how do I not get his?

I am recieving my husbands text messages on my watch and it is paired with my iphone and logged in with my apple ID...how do I not get his?

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 5:45 AM

2 replies

Oct 12, 2015 6:00 AM in response to Kates Mom

Hi - try these steps:

On your iPhone, in the Contacts app:

- Check that your own contact card contains your name, Apple ID email address and iPhone phone number. Remove any of your husband's information that may appear in your own contact card (other than potentially adding him under Related names, so Siri knows who your husband is).

- Check that a separate contact card exists for your husband within the Contacts app on your iPhone - and that his contact card includes his name, Apple ID email address and iPhone phone number.

On your iPhone: go to:

- Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars - under Contacts, check that My Info is using your contact card.

- Settings > General > Siri > My Info - check that your contact card is selected.

- Settings > Messages > Send & Receive - check that you can only be reached by iMessage at your own phone number and/or email addresses.

- Settings > Messages > Send & Receive - choose your iPhone number or own email address under Start New Conversations From.

It may help to delete all previous Messages conversations that relate to your husband.

On your Apple Watch: ask Siri "what is my name?"

After making any corrections as required, on your iPhone, in the Apple Watch app:

- Go to: My Watch > General > Reset > tap on Reset Sync Data.

- Nothing will seem to happen, but the process will run in the background / invisibly to the user, so allow a minute or so.

It may then also help to restart both your iPhone and your watch. Turn both devices off first, then restart your iPhone before restarting your watch:

- To turn your watch off: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag it to turn off.

- To turn it back on: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

Ask your husband to follow the equivalent process on his iPhone and watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.