Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCoreService using up to 300% of CPU

Dear sir/mdm,

I have upgraded my mac to el capitan recently and I have been experiencing this issue of iCoreService using up too much of CPU power.

This problem is not solved even with rebooting. The mac fan is running at full speed and i can feel my mac is very warm to touch which is extremely worrying. In the past I had experience this issue with HP Software (ipkernel) on Yosemite which I have reinstalled and have since, the problem is solved. Attached is the screenshot showing how the said program is using too much of my mac CPU. I am extremely concern of whether or not this is a problem with El Capitan or any of the software in my mac.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11), null

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 5:53 AM

3 replies

Mar 11, 2016 6:52 AM in response to Syameer Mikoto

I had the same issue. My icorservice went up to 500%. So I went to the Apple store and they told me it's the trend micro that is causing this problem. I uninstalled TrendMicro and everything is fine now. The technical support at Apple told me it's unnecessary to have the trend micro on apple laptop.

And btw, SMC doesn't work under this situation.

Mar 11, 2016 7:21 AM in response to featherstar

Extreme fan usage can be tracked back to the SMC and resetting the SMC would either rule out the issue or rule out the SMC.

Please see this document from Apple Computer.

Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

my cpu routinely goes past 1,500%, there is no prolonged issues with my fans when it does. If I rule out SMC in these cases then it is a software problem. The OP never followed up with the request to provide that info.

User uploaded file

iCoreService using up to 300% of CPU

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.