Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I do anything about the Chip that I got(Samsung or TSMC) if I do not feel satisfied?

So recently I bought an iPhone 6S+. A little bit after that I found out about shipmate and I was kind of surprised because it was to me like 'luck' whether you get the better iPhone or not. I realised I got the 'less good' Samsung chip(N66AP) instead of the TSMC chip(N66mAP). I was just wondering what I could do about this

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 6:04 AM

19 replies

Oct 13, 2015 3:00 AM in response to GiveMeGumGum

GiveMeGumGum wrote:

I know it doesn't affect it that much but I'm extremely bothered by this I don't know why. I would just feel more comfortable with the TSMC chip and I don't see why apple cannot help me out with this issue.

Because from Apple's point of view, there is no issue. Buyers remorse is not an "issue" with the device at all. And you if you are really unhappy, ask the place you bought it from what their return or exchange policy is. You did not buy from Apple, so any such emotional dissatisfaction should be something you take up with the retailer who actually sold you the product.

Oct 13, 2015 1:20 PM in response to GiveMeGumGum

GiveMeGumGum wrote:

I know it doesn't affect it that much but I'm extremely bothered by this I don't know why. I would just feel more comfortable with the TSMC chip and I don't see why apple cannot help me out with this issue.

You have absolutely no consumer rights in this matter. Apple is in no way obligated to supply you with a specific brand of chip in the device. Your entire problem is with your state of mind. I suggest you deal with that problem first. The Samsung chip is NOT less good than the TSMC chip.

Oct 13, 2015 4:52 PM in response to GiveMeGumGum

GiveMeGumGum wrote:

I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable if Donald Trump weren't running for president. No one seems inclined to help me on that.

Oct 13, 2015 8:02 PM in response to carl wolf

I can not believe Apple provided following explanation on this issue:

“With the Apple-designed A9 chip in your iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus, you are getting the most advanced smartphone chip in the world. Every chip we ship meets Apple’s highest standards for providing incredible performance and deliver great battery life, regardless of iPhone 6s capacity, color, or model.

Certain manufactured lab tests which run the processors with a continuous heavy workload until the battery depletes are not representative of real-world usage, since they spend an unrealistic amount of time at the highest CPU performance state. It’s a misleading way to measure real-world battery life. Our testing and customer data show the actual battery life of the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, even taking into account variable component differences, vary within just 2-3% of each other.”

What is the definition of " real-world battery life" ? If people got the phone and use it in whatever way they can use it, isn't it "real"? Apple did not deny the result of this test, but just implied this test was not the "right" way to use iPhone. I can see Apple's highest quality commitment to customers is not real from this case. The test was done with exactly the same software with 2 iPhone in 2 different chipsets and ended up with different results (significant difference on battery life), how can it be a problem with the test?

I think Apple has better to stop making or selling iPhone 6S and 6S plus with Samsung Chipset and recall all the Samsung chipset phones, this is the best way to show Apple's highest quality commitment to customers.

Oct 13, 2015 8:20 PM in response to waterfaerie626

waterfaerie626 wrote:

Another suggestion to Apple : provide chipset lookup for iPhone 6s/6s+ by serial number so that customers do not have to actually open the package to find out what chipset the phone has. This way people who care about the chipset can decide to take it or not.

Another suggestion to waterfaerie: Please read the TOU that YOU agreed to by signing up to post here. Apple is not here. You're wasting your time and all the users' time by suggesting anything to Apple on this forum.

Feedback goes here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Can I do anything about the Chip that I got(Samsung or TSMC) if I do not feel satisfied?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.