Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile Manager: Updating One User, Triggers Update of Another

Hi Guys,

I have been running this particular OS X server for about 10 months now with no major hiccups. However, I do have one odd behaviors in profile manager that I can't seem to figure out.

Whenever I make a change to my (lets call it "jake") user (group membership, account details, etc) profile manager is triggered and creates a task to update my devices. This, is of course, is working as expected.

However, it also does the same for another user ("matt"), creating tasks to remove and update users and group profiles across all of his devices.

Any ideas on the direction I should go to solve this problem. Though it doesn't stop work, it is an incredible nuisance and does make me feel a little uneasy.

The server is OS X 10.10. It was running server 4 and I upgraded to Sever 5 to see if that would fix the problem (nope).

My (jake user) clients are all OS X 10.11 and iOS 9. The "matt" user's clients are 10.10 and iOS 8.

Thanks!

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 9:00 AM

There are no replies.

Profile Manager: Updating One User, Triggers Update of Another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.