Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 Bootcamp boots into Windows recovery mode after trying to expand partition

I had installed Windows 10 with Bootcamp on my iMac 5k only later to realize I need more space for the game I wanted to play. I erased the partition thinking I could just reinstall by going through the Bootcamp process again and then making the partition bigger this time. After going through the Bootcamp process, I restarted my computer and booted into Windows only to be greeted by a Recovery mode screen with error code 0xc000000f. I am able to boot into Mac Os X El Capitan.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 7:00 AM

3 replies

Oct 12, 2015 4:32 PM in response to rprlp98

Hi! There is only one method to resize your OS X partition when Windows is installed and that is shrinking. You can make the HFS partition a few gigs smaller without harming data. Enlarging the HFS partition destroyed data in your Windows partition.

Basically, you need to back up all your personal data.

Boot into Recovery [command]+[R] Open Disk Utility Create 1 single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) "GUID Partition Map" Name and Erase your HD and Reinstall New Copy of OS X.

Side Note: When using Boot Camp to install Windows, simply "Split" the Disk. Remove Windows through Boot Camp only.

Cheers

Windows 10 Bootcamp boots into Windows recovery mode after trying to expand partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.