Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ever since my last itunes update it doesn't recognize or sync with my iphone; suggestion?

Ever since I updated my iTunes with the most recent update it doesn't recognize my iPhone and I can't sync my phone at all; suggestions?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 9:09 AM

3 replies

Oct 12, 2015 9:45 AM in response to Digital Bullet972

With iTunes closed try the following:

1. Open Control Panel > Device Manager
  2. Plug in your device
  3. Locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software...
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  6. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  7. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  8. Click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  9. Click Next, then Close and exit Device Manager

If that hasn't fixed things see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. A full tear down and rebuild may be in order.

tt2

Oct 13, 2015 4:35 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the reply; I went through all of the steps and Apple Mobile Device USB Driver wasn't available, there was only MTP USB Device; I selected that and it still did not solve my problem; I tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes and that did not work either, so how do I do a full tear down and rebuild? I looked at Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates and didn't see anything that matched that...

Ever since my last itunes update it doesn't recognize or sync with my iphone; suggestion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.