Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

JBL FLIP not pairing with Mac Mini

My JBL FLIP (speaker) is fully charged but not pairing with Mac Mini, using OS X El Capitan 10.11, any suggestions? I have tried pairing using both the internal speakers & my TV sound. What else do I need to do to make this happen? It is a new Mac Mini so didn't pair using any other operating system.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11), I'm new to the Mac world, currently

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 7:37 AM

5 replies

Oct 19, 2015 4:02 AM in response to 60sliberal

Same problem (JBL Flip1) this morning -- but I WAS eventually able to connect it with my MacBook Air (mid-2013, OSX 10.11) after pairing while the Flip was plugged in / powered on.

It did take several attempts, even though I'm sitting less than a meter from the speaker.

I thought I'd try one more time after I was able to successfully pair it with both my iPhone and an old MacBook (white, 2009, OSX 10.7.5), so it seemed that the Flip wasn't the problem. On the earlier version of the OS, the pairing process seemed a little more intuitive: to add something, you hit a '+' sign. With El Capitan, I gather the laptop is just supposed to see the external device and connect. That's great when it all works, but when it doesn't -- as it didn't this morning -- there aren't a whole lot of options to try.

Dec 12, 2015 1:41 PM in response to 60sliberal

I had the same problem and solved it as follows:

1. Turn on Flip (short hold of the power button) - the power button should light up blue.

2. Turn off Wi-Fi - Turn On Bluetooh

3. Hold down the power button on the Flip until it begins alternating back and forth from blue to red.

4. The Flip should chirp and sounds should begin playing via the Flip.

Hope this helps for you!

Resolví el problema de la siguiente manera:

1. Encendí el parlante presionando brevemente en el botón de encendido - La luz del botón de encendido se torna azul.

2. Desactivé el Wi-Fi - Activé Bluetooh

3. Mantener presionado el botón de encendido del parlante hasta que la misma alterne en color azul y rojo.

4. El parlante emitió un sonido y se conectó automáticamente.

Espero que te sirva!

JBL FLIP not pairing with Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.