Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my iphone4s to ios 9 but as we only have laptops with windows XP sp3 in our family we can not install the latest version of itunes so wish to return to ios 8 i have tried to instrustion and get failure code 3194 I have changed the host file

Hi I updated my iphone4 s to ios 9 but as we only have laptops with windows XP sp3 in our family we can not install the latest version of itunes so wish to return to ios 8 i have tried to instrustion and get failure code 3194 I have changed the host file as instructed disabled the antivirus and always get the same error code I have now performed the same changes to the other laptop in our house again VP with sp3 but still the same 3194 error ode

can someone tell me were to go next thank you

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 9:05 AM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2015 7:18 AM in response to Niel

Hi Niel

Thank you very much I am now sorted out but a bit of a performance loading 12.1.3 with the install package message of missing file, but removing all the previous itunes software section by section in the right order solved that performance I must admit if I had needed to buy a new PC, I would of binned my love iphone and purchased a windows phone as it would have been much cheaper. But thanks again you came out tops.

Regards

Alan

Oct 30, 2015 8:39 AM in response to apavitt

Hi Niel

It was very helpful to be able to connect my phone and it worked great.

however after using code 9 on the phone for a while and the selfies, the game centre coming up every time I open a loaded game, the face book messages even though I have never used and don't want it. In fact a lot of things that some apple software guy has decided that I have to have and have no control of. Both my wife and I have decided to bin the iphone 4s, and have now both gone and purchased a windows phone to escape the apple software guys control.

I updated my iphone4s to ios 9 but as we only have laptops with windows XP sp3 in our family we can not install the latest version of itunes so wish to return to ios 8 i have tried to instrustion and get failure code 3194 I have changed the host file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.