Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot post mail from btinternet on the iPad

i can receive btinternet emails but cannot post

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 10:09 AM

7 replies

Oct 13, 2015 4:27 AM in response to FLAXPITS92

I Have a similar problem and have followed all the usual advice without success.The problem is only on my mini iPad not my iPhone.The setup process for a BT Yahoo email account will not proceed from the page that lists all the email servers when you wish to add a Yahoo account.It sends a notification that your IOS yahoo account has been accessed but doesn't proceed to set it up.Consequently,I I decided to ignore yahoo and go to "other" to setup an email account with my btinternet email details.This works ok OTHER than I cannot send emails,I can only receive and attempting to activate the outgoing server isn't possible. This problem is clearly related to IOS 9.02 updates I suspect but could be exacerbated by BT monkeying about with Yahoo! accounts over recent years.I'm a BT yahoo email account holder.The only solution I've come up with is this.Go to Apple Store and download the Yahoo email app.You can set this up with your email address and password.This is a pretty good compromise and actually the email app is very efficient and you will be able to send and receive as normal. At the end of the day,maybe someone has decided that this is the best for parties concerned but it's been very irritating.Good luck

Oct 13, 2015 4:56 AM in response to FLAXPITS92

As ever we can't be certain who's responsible.Not all iPads are effected and my iPhone is fine which would suggest the problem lies with recent IOS updates.But it could relate to old iPads,my mini is over 2.years old.Certainly the decision by BT some years ago to extricate itself from the tie up with Yahoo has been a bit of a mess.I do note that the Yahoo email app downloaded from Apple Store features advertising over the inbox.Useful for Yahoo and it makes you wonder whether we aren't being encouraged to use this app and forget about the "regular" service provided through IOS.Anyway,the yahoo email app is arguably better than the service I had on my iPad before (advertising at the top of the inbox page apart).The whole system has been stretched by the enormous popularity of the iPhone 6s I understand and I guess we've fallen out of the loop.Further IOS updates might solve the problem perhaps.

i cannot post mail from btinternet on the iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.