Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit not working with FLS PP lp dimmers

When connected my hue 2.0 bridge to 3x dresden elektronik FLS PP lp (https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/funktechnik/solutions/wireless-light-control/w ireless-ballasts/fls-pp-lp/?L=1) and 10 genuine philips hue lights, when triggering homekit the FLS-PP's don't get triggered.

While they work in the Hue app and with the hue tap's.

Homekit doesn't seem to controll the FLS-PP's.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 12:54 PM

I have this same issue with Cree Connected bulbs. They work in the Hue app and can be controlled just like my Hue bulbs, but they aren't controllable by Siri even though the Hue app says they're synced.

9 replies

Dec 3, 2015 1:12 AM in response to Lj_Mouzer

I have the same issue - the hue app works both as an individual light and this light in scenes.

WIth HomeKit and Siri, the light name is not recognised for on/off commands and even more strangely, if this light is in a scene - Siri will turn on that scene and all other lights in the scene will turn on just not the fls-pp (the same applies if that light is on and you change to another scene, all other lights will change colour etc, but the fls-pp will remain unchanged).

its such a shame, I used it to drive a longer string of lights on a banister and it would have been great to use voice for it too.

tim

Jan 24, 2016 2:29 PM in response to mad4power

I had read on an Amazon comment to delete the fls-pp light and then add it back, this made no difference to me. The light works with manual controls but Siri will not control that light or recognise it.

Its a shambles - in fact HomeKit with hue is showing how badly thought out it is from syncing scenes creating duplicates across devices (vi sync scene), to stupid errors about device name already taken.

I regret giving Philips more money for an updated hub, and I'm not impressed that Apple really hasn't given HomeKit polish that makes it help control your home effortlessly so the lines of Philips can't **** it up so badly.

sigh

Homekit not working with FLS PP lp dimmers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.