Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

over dub problem in logic x

ok , ive been using logic x for w while and done alot of recording , but for some reason all of a sudden when i come to do a overdub ( guitar for example ) i can only hear the guitar im over dubbing with when the punch in starts recording over previous track

i use to be able to have the track i wanted to record over running and also play along and hear both running into to the section i was about to record over

And also visa verse if i dont use the punch in option and just hit record to over dub onto a track i cant hear the previous recording but can hear the guitar im about to record over with

i know its probably a simply fix but its driving me mad

please help

thank you

tony

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 10:39 AM

3 replies

Jun 9, 2017 11:40 PM in response to Data Stream Studio

Yes indeed I have.

My issue is very weird. If the recorded section is *short* (see screenshot) it will not create a separate region, but will continue with the overdub compilation thingie.

User uploaded file

If the recording is longer than a few bars - it than it creates an entirely new region that cannot be edited as another overdub in the compilation (see screenshot).

User uploaded file

It's really hard for me to articulate the technical terms here, but hopefully the shots can convey my issue.

Thanks!

over dub problem in logic x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.