Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Minimum Used MacBook or iMac for Backing Up iPhone

I currently backup my iPhone 5s on a PC. This doesn't allow me to organize my photos into folders of my choosing. I understand that iPhoto is necessary to do this.

It's not practical at this point for me to migrate all of my work from PC to Mac.I'm looking for suggestions on a minimally-configured used iMac or MacBook that would allow me to support my iPhone (and iPad), including my music library. Suggestions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 7:15 AM

I have a Mac and I never used iPhoto until recently. You don't have to use iPhoto to put pictures on your phone using folders. You just need to make sure all the folders you want to add are in the same, larger folder.

When you have the iPhone connected to iTunes

Click Photos > Sync Photos > Copy photos from... > (Your main picture folder, usually named "Pictures")

You should now be able to select "All Folders" or "Selected Folders." As long as you have all the folders you need in your Pictures folder, you can pick and choose which folders to add.

For example, if you have 3 folders within the folder "Pictures," when you click "Selected Folders," iTunes should list those 3 folders. If you don't have any folders, iTunes won't give you the "Selected Folders" option. Hope this helps as moving to another computer and reorganizing with iPhoto can be a real headache if you have a lot of pictures

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 7:15 AM in response to StephenJPotter

I have a Mac and I never used iPhoto until recently. You don't have to use iPhoto to put pictures on your phone using folders. You just need to make sure all the folders you want to add are in the same, larger folder.

When you have the iPhone connected to iTunes

Click Photos > Sync Photos > Copy photos from... > (Your main picture folder, usually named "Pictures")

You should now be able to select "All Folders" or "Selected Folders." As long as you have all the folders you need in your Pictures folder, you can pick and choose which folders to add.

For example, if you have 3 folders within the folder "Pictures," when you click "Selected Folders," iTunes should list those 3 folders. If you don't have any folders, iTunes won't give you the "Selected Folders" option. Hope this helps as moving to another computer and reorganizing with iPhoto can be a real headache if you have a lot of pictures

Minimum Used MacBook or iMac for Backing Up iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.