Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot save to external hard drive in Logic Pro 9

I had bought Logic Pro 9 a few years ago and put it on my iMac, and recently re-downloaded it on my new Macbook Pro. Since I have had it on my MacBook, I haven't been able to save to my external drive. As soon as I go to save-as in a project and click the "Where" tab, Logic Pro 9 quits unexpectedly. I have tried this repeatedly on different projects, and the same thing happens every time. This forces me to save my projects to my computer's hard drive, taking up valuable space that I need for other things.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 11:37 AM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2015 3:22 PM in response to Pancenter

The external drive is an HGST Touro drive, but I'm positive that's not the issue. I run Protools 12 on the same computer and save to the drive no problem. I don't even have the chance to click where I am saving the Logic Pro 9 project to before Logic "quits unexpectedly." As soon as I hit the "where" part of the "save-as" pop up, Logic quits.

Oct 12, 2015 3:30 PM in response to willmcbeath

Understood... have you tried deleting Logic's preferences? It will require some extra work setting things back up (audio interface...etc) If you have any custom key commands export them first. Also, what operating system and are you using Logic 9.1.8? (the last version) And are you connected to the Internet when this happens.

Delete the Logic preferences file AND the control surfaces file.

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field. (Note, type exactly as:) ~/Library/Preferences
Press the Go button.
Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro.
then delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.

(Note, delete both files.)

Cannot save to external hard drive in Logic Pro 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.