Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signal lost.

Hi.

Hope someone can give me an answer on my question.

I suddenly lost all signal from my AirPort Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Generation).

The power is working, but no signal lamps are lit (all dark).

Since it's only 2 years old, I find it strange that it already should shut down beyond repair.

Is there anything I can do to revive it from the dead.

I can also mention that it has stopped working like this before, but suddenly come back to life after being disconnected from the power outlet for a day.

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 12:33 PM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2015 1:50 PM in response to Terje1977

This is typical failure of the Gen4 TC..

Here is a page I wrote up about the problem.

https://sites.google.com/site/lapastenague/a-deconstruction-of-routers-and-modem s/apple-time-capsule-repair/gen4-a1409-issues

Some people have success with the oven solder reflow.. since I wrote that article.. but I do not yet have any way to tell you if the results are reliable..

For most people it is simply past the point of applecare and 3years is now the working life of these devices.

Pull out the hard disk and put the rest in the bin.. buy a new router.. eg AE is less of a problem.. and a proper NAS.

Oct 24, 2015 8:19 AM in response to Terje1977

LaPastenague already said above.......

"Pull out the hard disk"

That would mean that you need to open up the Time Capsule, and remove the hard drive. Once the hard drive has been removed, place it in a SATA to USB caddy or enclosure and connect the enclosure directly to your Mac's USB port.

This article will provide some tips on how to open up the Time Capsule and remove the hard drive:

Apple Time Capsule Model A1302 Hard Drive Replacement ...

If this sounds as if it might be uncomfortable for you, then you might want to have a technician perform this service.

Signal lost.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.