Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synchronisation Apple Calender and Google Calender

Hello,

I'm using a MacBook Pro with OS X El Capitan Version 10.11 and trying to synchronize my (Apple) Calendar with Google Calendar. I already setup my google account on the MacBook and with Mail it works fine.

Via Calendar->Accounts I ticked the box for synchronizing the calendar as well. Though it shows "Google" under "iCloud" when I open the Calendar App, it doesn't show any of my google calendars listed or in the calendar.

Hope somebody can help me

M4rku5

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 12:21 PM

11 replies

Oct 12, 2015 4:44 PM in response to M4rku5

"Synchronizing" Calendars is a misnomer.

What you are really doing is sharing a Master Calendar stored on the Internet with multiple Readers.

If you look closely in Accounts, you will see that there are Calendar accounts that live on iCloud, accounts that live on Google, and accounts that could live on your own Server, should you choose to have your own Server.

You can view all these calendars at the same time in the Calendar program on your Mac. They will appear as if on transparent overlays, with all events merged onto one page, possibly identified by different colors.

If you expect calendar items on your iCloud calendar to appear on your Google calendar, you will be disappointed. Nothing like that happens automatically.

Oct 13, 2015 10:34 AM in response to M4rku5

If you want to show multiple Calendars that are on multiple Servers, that can be done.

First, all the Calendars need to appear in the list of Calendars in the left sidebar. Click the word ( Calendars ) in the top right corner to show/hide the list of Calendars.

None of these may have an attention tag on it, or it is not working. Not working is typically caused by having slightly imperfect account information, which is keeping you from logging in to the account -- but occasionally a Server may be unavailable for a short period of time.

Oct 14, 2015 10:21 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

First, make certain that google is Enabled for storing Calendars by checking the checkbox.

I checked that, the account is enabled - otherwise it wouldn't say "google" in the careener application on the left side, wouldn't it?

Then be sure you have the correct login credentials set up in Accounts.

What do you mean with "correct login credentials", the same google account works fine with the mail application.

Oct 14, 2015 10:52 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Tried System Preferences > Internet Accounts and disabled the google account, closed it and enabled it again, but it did not work 😟

It is strange that the google account works fine with "Mail", but not with "Calendar". On my iPhone I just needed to enable the calendar option and a few seconds later all the google calendars were listed on my phone and I could choose those I wanted to be displayed.

Synchronisation Apple Calender and Google Calender

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.