Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't burn a DVD from FCP that will play back.

When I go to share and select DVD, FCP burns a disc that can't be played back. The iMac DVD player pops a message in the player window that the disc is not supported. Apparently FCP is not creating an .iso file to burn to the DVD. Any suggestions?

iMac, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 7:10 PM

DDoes the disc mount on the computer? What's on the disc? Post a screenshot

9 replies

Oct 12, 2015 7:17 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

The disc mounts. The disc is a brand new DVD-R 16X. I can burn other discs that are .iso using the Finder "Burn" option and it works fine. I have selected the proper drive in FCP and the burn occurs and completes and "finishes" but when I try to playback the DVD on the iMac using the DVD option, I get a warning at the top of the screen that says "Unsupported Disc. Cannot play." It appears that the only way I can burn a disc that will play back on both Mac and Pc may be to purchase some DVD software that will create an .iso file and then use the Finder "Burn" option to create the DVD.

Oct 12, 2015 7:56 PM in response to Paddy604

You can mount the disc right? You can see the contents. What's in the VIDEO_TS folder? What you described looks correct. Not sure why you can't take a screenshot of what you're seeing. Does the DVD Player application open? If not, open the DVD Player application and point it at the disc.

A .iso is a type of disk image. You don't need disk image if you burn directly to disc. You don't actually burn the .iso file to the disc, just it's contents. .iso is not used by FCP or in most cases on Macs, which use .img disk images primarily.

Oct 12, 2015 8:30 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

To answer your second question first, I am running Yosemite 10.10.5 and Version 10.2-2 final Cut Pro X.

The only way that I am able to give you the following information is by putting the disc in a PC. The program plays fine on the PC and I can see the files in the PC. I have tried using the DVD Play application on the MAC but that is where I get the "Unsupported disc" message. Here are the files in the Video_TS file:

VIDEO_TS.BUP

VIDEO_TS.IFO

VIDEO_TS.VOB

VTS_01_0.BUP

VTS_01_0.IFO

VTS_01_0.VOB

VTS_01_1.VOB

Again these files came from the disc played on a PC.

I can't burn a DVD from FCP that will play back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.