Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos library

I have selected the to use the iCloud Photo Library on my main computer (iMac 27” Retinal running Yosemite), but have some questions:

1. I mainly manage and edit photos from my iMac, so I've started the process of syncing to iCloud. But it's been syncing for over 4 days now. I've read a lot of other people who are having same experience – why doesn't Apple have some sort of estimate come up about how long it’s going to take? Then at least I’d know it’s not broken and that it just takes a really long time, depending on size of your library.

2. The size of my photos library, seems to be variable. When I look at the preferences for cloud it tells me 69.84 GB. But the storage bar graph says 522.62 GB Which is it, and why is so vastly different?

3. I’m first syncing from my iMac, but I have multiple devices... which one is going to become my "iCloud Photo Library”. I haven’t turned on syncing on my other devices yet.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 12:39 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.