Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Windows password won't work on my Mac

I'm trying to connect to my Windows PC via my Mac on a home network. I've followed all the trouble shooting guides I can find but essentially the password and username I use to log in to the Windows machine aren't accepted by the Mac. I can, however, access all of my Mac data from the Windows PC.

I've altered the firewall settings on the Windows PC as best as I understand them to allow access but no joy. And Separately neither can I access my printer wirelessly nor a wireless hard drive I use for back ups. I can access some data as a 'guest' but just not through my 'server'.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 11:56 AM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2015 9:41 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for that Eric.

I'm afraid they didn't work. Everything seems to be set up correctly. I can see the Windows computer in the shared section of the finder window and can connect as a guest. But when I enter the same username and password I use for my Windows machine the form shakes to indicate the wrong information has been entered (the name and password are correct). As I understand it, it needs the Windows username and password to connect so is there some unusual firewall/ server/ network issue that I could be missing?

Thanks for the help.

My Windows password won't work on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.