Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting videos with a specific, custom aspect ratio. In my case 3840x1070

I'm producing a video that will play on a huge stadium "jumbotron" kind of thing. They require very specific aspect parameters that are very wide. I need them to be 3840x1070. When I try to adjust it in "video properties" it just squeezes the video, don't want that. I can manually crop at the bottom of the inspector and that gives me what I want to do, only approximately. I have to use the crop from top and bottom numerical values. I either need help in doing this another way, or help doing the math to convert an aspect ratio, like the one I need, to values to enter into the "top-bottom-left-right" crop/padding section of the inspector. (there is a dropdown menu with standards like panavision, etc.) There has to be a simpler way that I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thx

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:54 PM

Do you use FCP X? If you do, and have 10.1 or later, it will create just about any frame size and do the math for you.

Russ

4 replies

Exporting videos with a specific, custom aspect ratio. In my case 3840x1070

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.