Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.3 new albums not displaying / sorting correctly

Strange issue. When I add new albums to my library, they are not being displayed by the column browser correctly. I add three albums in sequence by adding the folders holding the tracks (File...Add Folder to Library...). The first album (for example, "Fire & Ashes") gets listed at the end of the alphabet in the "Albums" column browser, but before the numeric albums (between "The Zurich Tapes" and "#1 Hits Explosion") instead of where it would be appropriate alphabetically. The next album gets added under the first album (if you click on the first new album in the column browser, you see both new albums). Same thing when the third album is added. So you wind up with one album entry in column browser, in the wrong place in the alphabetic list, which contains three albums. I have tried deleting the albums and adding them again in different order but it doesn't seem to matter what order they are added. If I had more new music I'd try to keep adding albums, but thus far I just have the three.

iTunes 12.3-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:27 PM

What values do you have for Sort Album in those albums?

tt2

5 replies

Oct 12, 2015 2:31 PM in response to turingtest2

Thaniks, that was the issue. The value of each "Sort Album" was "1". But that brought up 2 more questions/issues: 1) Why is the value "1" when I have used the same tag editor and .mp3 software for all other albums in my library and never had this problem before, and I don't see any field for "sort album" in my tag editor? and 2) when I tried to set the "Sort Album" for the "Fire & Ashes" to the album name using the iTunes tag editor, it lets me type in "Fire & Ashe". The moment I type the last "s" the field resets to null. So what is going on there?

Oct 12, 2015 4:42 PM in response to blackpool9

1. No idea, but it might depend on what was used to rip them before your tag editor got to see them.
  2. The current version of iTunes has overactive autocomplete and correct functions. All you need to do is remove the unwanted sort value and the album will sort under its name, unless it has a leading article (a/an/the) in which case iTunes generates an autosort value omitting it. If you type in the value that would be used otherwise iTunes just deletes it.

tt2

itunes 12.3 new albums not displaying / sorting correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.