Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phantom email message on iphone 6 - iOS 9.0.2

hi all,

since today afternoon (approx. 5 hours ago) my iphone email app shows an unread email that won't show.

i have an exchange server and have it also installed on my ipad (128gb, iOS 8.4.1), my macbook pro (13" retina) and obviously on my iphone 6 128gb.

the phantom email is only on my iphone - it doesn't show as unread email on my ipad, nor my macbook. also several times of syncing did not do the trick (syncing emails on different devices, nor syncing my iphone with itunes - plugged in). I also tried to do the "mark all unread - mark all read" trick and this worked for a minute or two, until the iphone thinks there is an unread message.

I really do not want to unnecessarily restore my email account or my entire iphone...

i would consider myself quite tech savvy, working on this for hours now and it really is doing my head in!

any solutions to this bug? nothing else has worked so far. not even some of the tricks i found online:

- turn off email, turn it on again

- restarting the device by holding the home button and the off button

thanks a lot for helping me - love to see some real emails showing on the iphone again - aka your answers! 🙂

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 1:31 PM

1 reply

phantom email message on iphone 6 - iOS 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.