Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

has anyone else been burned by the touch id ?

my iPhone 6s touch id burned me yesterday, i returned it to the carrier after talking with apple and they just gave me another one , I have asked apple to send me a different phone since i am not trusting of the 6s and they are" reviewing my case and will get back to me with what they plane to do"

I just don't understand i own 2 macbook pros have been a supporter of apple since day one bought every iPhone and they won't send me a diff phone after theirs burned me and not a little burn an actual blister ? has anyone ever had anything like this happen and if so what was the outcome should i contact a lawyer?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 1:58 PM

This is most likely an isolated incident to that particular iPhone. They would not release a device without first testing it for burns/shocks.

Didn't you say you got a new device? Not sure what you are expecting to get from Apple if you already got a new phone. If they have the one that burned you, they are going to dissect it to see what caused the issue to prevent it for other people. Apple doesn't provide better or worse support based on how many devices you own, trust me. Everyone gets the same support regardless of patronage or seniority.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2015 1:58 PM in response to JnCkitchings4ever

This is most likely an isolated incident to that particular iPhone. They would not release a device without first testing it for burns/shocks.

Didn't you say you got a new device? Not sure what you are expecting to get from Apple if you already got a new phone. If they have the one that burned you, they are going to dissect it to see what caused the issue to prevent it for other people. Apple doesn't provide better or worse support based on how many devices you own, trust me. Everyone gets the same support regardless of patronage or seniority.

Oct 13, 2015 9:14 AM in response to JnCkitchings4ever

it's an isolated issue and the device hasnt been made to burn people so thats why there is no warning. theres no need to contact a lawyer as you seem to have solved the issue already and have got a replacement. Apple won't send you a different phone, you would need to return your phone back to where you purchased it and have it exchanged for something else if you are not happy with the product anymore.

has anyone else been burned by the touch id ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.