Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change the rhythm for example 4/4 to 3/4 in one song

Is it posible to change the rhythm in a song for example 4/4 to 3/4?

GarageBand (Mac) '11

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 12:13 PM

luigi´s wrote:

GB only supports a single time signature per project

however, that's really only a cosmetic thing, setting the time signature doesn't change how a song is played, only how notes are displayed. so what you can do is set the project to 4/4 and work on the 4/4 part(s), then set the project to 3/4 and work on the 3/4 part(s)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2015 12:13 PM in response to luigi´s

luigi´s wrote:

GB only supports a single time signature per project

however, that's really only a cosmetic thing, setting the time signature doesn't change how a song is played, only how notes are displayed. so what you can do is set the project to 4/4 and work on the 4/4 part(s), then set the project to 3/4 and work on the 3/4 part(s)

Oct 14, 2015 12:31 PM in response to luigi´s

luigi´s wrote:

i ´d want to listen the song changing the rhythm

as i said, changing the time signature will not change how the song plays back. you could set the project to 4/4 and play in 16/8 and that's what will be recorded, 16/8

luigi´s wrote:

also in other songs tempo for example from 120 to 60 , and i think is not possible.

tempo changes are supported in GB via the 'tempo track', i would suggest searching GB's help for "tempo"

Oct 15, 2015 12:32 PM in response to luigi´s

luigi´s wrote:

iI'm disapointed with Garage band because i ´d want to listen the song changing the rhythm

GarageBand is restrict to the basic functionalities. TO have access to all the features, you have to upgrade to Logic.

Of course, it all depends what Apple thinks is a basic or an advanced feature and you might not agree with that. GarageBand allows Tempo changes (basic) during a Project but not Time Signature changes (advanced).

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

change the rhythm for example 4/4 to 3/4 in one song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.