Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s group messaging "not delivered"

Roughly half of my outgoing texts sent to a group (mixed phones - some apple, some android) do not get delivered. I send the message and get the notification with the red exclamation point saying it wasn't delivered. I immediately resend and it almost always goes through. I tried deleting the messaging conversation and starting over, I tried resetting my phone, I switched iMessage off and back on, but the problem persists. I've searched on-line and these forums, but I can't find anybody else experiencing the problem nor a fix to the situation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:11 PM

9 replies

Oct 13, 2015 7:16 AM in response to markroess

You might want to try either resetting Network setting on your device, or the Reset All Settings. That will not delete any of your content, it will just forget passwords for Wi-Fi and the reset all settings will bring wallpaper and such back to default. Or, you could contact your carrier and ask them to do a reset on your texting plan. But, if getting it through on a second try is working, you might try the resets on the phone first.

Oct 13, 2015 9:17 AM in response to markroess

It most certainly is not solely a 6s issue. I have a 6 Plus myself and ever since iOS 9, I too have had issues with my texts sending. And sometimes they get stubborn and refuse to send at all. Didn't happen until iOS 9. And then the only way to get my messages app to stop saying "Sending" with a metter 95% completed and stopped, is to delete the text I originally tried to send.

Unfortunately, it seems the later we get with these operating systems, the more saturated they get with bugs 😟 Apple has already pushed out like what, 4 or 5 quick fixes since iOS 9 launched less than a month ago?

Dec 7, 2015 8:13 PM in response to markroess

I have the exact same issue but mine never send and I retried a gazillion times.

I have group text on, I turned iMessage off, I reset the Network setting but it still allows me sending to a mix of phones. I don't initiate the sends I am included and I don't get a few of the messages either that others send.

I am surprised that there are absolutely no solutions to this issue and this is Dec. 8, 2015

Apr 20, 2016 7:53 AM in response to markroess

I had similar issue, couldn't send group text if one or all of group was Android. Also while trying to solve had times when iMessage wouldn't activate or went off and on. No problems with texts to single iPhone (other than iMessage issue noted), no problem with texts to single Android, no problem with group texts to just iPhones.

Solution, when I went to AT&T Store (bought phone at BestBuy), they set me up with a new SIM card and then found that in the original setup in Settings - General - About - IMEI was still set as if it was my previous iPhone4 instead of the iPhone6S I had just bought. Once that fix made issues went away.

iphone 6s group messaging "not delivered"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.