Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know how to network a PowerMac G5 to a MacPro desktop?

Does anyone know how to network a PowerMac G5 to a MacPro desktop? I'd like to use the same monitors and keyboard and be able to run both at one time. I still use programs on my G5 that Apple no longer support or even make and they cannot be migrated as they are not compatible with Intel hardware.

Any help would be appreciated.

Merrily,

Alice

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 3:32 PM

9 replies

Oct 13, 2015 12:19 PM in response to MerrilyAlice

KVM stands for Keyboard, Video, Mouse and refers to a switch box that allows sharing all three devices. I believe your Cinema Display will have a DVI connector so you would want a DVI & USB type of KVM. This would then let you share your Screen, Keyboard and Mouse between two or more computers.

Something like this one - http://www.amazon.com/Linkskey-2-Port-Microphone-Speaker-LDV-242AUSK/dp/B00A6TQE 8C/

Oct 13, 2015 12:22 PM in response to MerrilyAlice

KVM= Keyboard, Video and Mouse switch. It has three sets of three connections each. one for KB, video and mouse of computer A, some for computer B, and one set for KB, video and mouse.

Problem is find one switch with the connections that match your KB and mouse which is easy, USB. Problem is one that has right inputs for the outputs of the two computer and of the one monnitor

Does anyone know how to network a PowerMac G5 to a MacPro desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.