Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LTE setting can negatively impacts Conference calls

Why are my LTE setting impacting conference calls:

Two weeks ago, I purchased a through Apple a 6S 64 iPhone and my carrier is AT&T; and now I've noticed that I no longer can conference my calls the same way. Technically I can conference them but it's in a downgraded manner. Under Settings, under Cellular, I went to Enable LTE. Already Voice & Data was preselected for me, but if I downgrade to Data Only or Turn off LTE, then I get the full conference call functionality back. I've contacted both Apple and AT&T for help with this problem. Apple help me by suggesting I change my LTE setting, and it worked. They warned me though that the Data Only feature or No LTE would mean a decrease in call quality, and suggested that I speak to AT&T. AT&T will not address it at their Tier 3 yet; they think it's an Apple software upgrade glitch. Does anyone understand this yet?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2, 64 GB

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:26 PM

There are no replies.

LTE setting can negatively impacts Conference calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.