Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant connect several users to airport 5th gen

We are a fam of 6 who got 3 devices each. Only 3-4 are able to connect at the same time. Settings seems fine, anyone got the same problem? Advice?

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:36 AM

Some devices like android tend to want to push others off.. some devices are difficult to get to work together.

Do you have both wireless bands with different names.. that can be worthwhile because 2.4ghz is very limited.. push as much stuff as you can to the 5ghz band..

That is a good start.

Test a start up procedure... is one item causing issues to the others.

Is the AE in bridge or router?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 9:36 AM in response to gbasa

Some devices like android tend to want to push others off.. some devices are difficult to get to work together.

Do you have both wireless bands with different names.. that can be worthwhile because 2.4ghz is very limited.. push as much stuff as you can to the 5ghz band..

That is a good start.

Test a start up procedure... is one item causing issues to the others.

Is the AE in bridge or router?

Oct 12, 2015 3:09 PM in response to LaPastenague

Ty, we all got Mac Air, Ipad and Iphone and 2xXbox.

Ill try to multiply diiferent networks for a test. I got max (48) on the 5ghz, 2,4 ghz on auto.

Done several start up procedures, seems like the 3 first to connect stays, but others cant connect, need startup if we gunna change devices to connect.

AE is on Off (bridgemodus)

Oct 12, 2015 5:57 PM in response to gbasa

AE is on Off (bridgemodus)

That is the problem.. it must be plugged into a router or it must be in router mode..

Reset the AE to factory and this time set it up in router mode.. ie DHCP and NAT.

If you get a double NAT warning ignore it.

If it doesn't work tell me or better.. give me a screenshot of the AE setup..

What modem are you using and what kind of broadband.. make and model exactly please??

cant connect several users to airport 5th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.