Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add a second user in my iMac?

Good night,

I am using OS X Yosemite, 10.10.5

I am the owner of the iMAC, but I would like to add a second user with his APPLE Id, I wonder How to do it?

Thank you in advance

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 11:24 AM

System Preferences>Users and Groups. CLick the padlock and sign in, then click the plus sign:

User uploaded file

Depending on what you want to do you can make the new account an admin or a standard, or if necessary a parentally controlled one. Remember that an admin account can do anything you can do by way of deleting apps, and adding new ones. Normally you wouldn't let another person be an admin. You will invent a username and a password (this is nothing to do with his Apple ID, he can then use that to sign into iCloud).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 11:24 AM in response to anaborgok

System Preferences>Users and Groups. CLick the padlock and sign in, then click the plus sign:

User uploaded file

Depending on what you want to do you can make the new account an admin or a standard, or if necessary a parentally controlled one. Remember that an admin account can do anything you can do by way of deleting apps, and adding new ones. Normally you wouldn't let another person be an admin. You will invent a username and a password (this is nothing to do with his Apple ID, he can then use that to sign into iCloud).

How to add a second user in my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.