Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play/pause with SetPoint/Mouse stops working after interacting with certain menus

I use a Logitech Marathon Mouse with programmable buttons (with a program called SetPoint) which I have set up to pause iTunes when I press a certain button on the mouse. It works just fine, until I interact with the Up Next, Search, or other similar style menus. Here's an example scenario that is reproduced every time I do it.

1. Open iTunes, play/pause with mouse works fine

2. Click Up Next, play/pause with mouse still works while the menu is open

3. If I close the Up Next menu, the play/pause with the mouse no longer works. Same goes for when I use the search function in iTunes.

It always used to work (pre iTunes 12.2, if I remember correctly). Now I'm on the latest versions of both SetPoint and iTunes and the problem goes as I described. I have an annoying temporary fix for the problem, since once I close and reopen iTunes play/pause works again until I use Up Next or search. However, it's a hassle to have to open and close it, and I'd rather just have a permanent solution so I can go back to pausing with my mouse buttons.

Windows machine with iTunes-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 6:30 PM

Bump: anyone? Am I the only one with this problem?

3 replies

Play/pause with SetPoint/Mouse stops working after interacting with certain menus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.