Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Realms not working on 5.0.4 Server

After upgrading my server from 4 to 5, my realms no longer reliably work.

If the URL ends with the directory name (company.com/private/), I get the authentication box over and over with a final 401 unauthorized error.

If the URL ends with the file name (company.com/private/index.html), I get the authentication box and eventually I get the page.

I have the index.html at the top of the Index Files list. I don't know what else to try.

Xserve, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 4:58 PM

1 reply

Jun 16, 2016 10:10 AM in response to oddbehaviors

I can confirm this same web server behavior after applying the latest "Security Update 2016-003" earlier this week. In my case is was not a Server app update, but the Security update that broke web authentication.

The web server now prompts the page visitor for credentials over and over.

I can't be sure but it seems that it may be doing so once for each separate resource loaded from the server. For example, if a given index.html page also loads several locally hosted stylesheets, web fonts, and scripts, then each one of those resources will result in an authentication request dialog presented to the browser as well.

I have confirmed the same behavior when visiting my Intranet site using Chrome, Safari, Firefox from Mac OS, and from Edge and IE from Windows.

Realms not working on 5.0.4 Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.