Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to watch all iPhone videos?

I have almost 100gb of iPhone videos we want to watch on our tv. All videos are on our external hd. Whats best way of watching these on tv, without a mac computer. Can not afford a new computer right now. Will a Apple TV do this for me?

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 4:11 PM

7 replies

Oct 12, 2015 4:37 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Hi Winston,

I do have a PC, saving for a Mac 😉. I have all my iPhone videos on a external hard drive. Can I network the hard drive so Apple TV sees and plays it? Is there any other device that will do this? I love my Apple products but not happy at all in the format for videos. Makes it a lot harder to re watch. I was going to burn them all to DVDs but there is no easy way for that if you don't have a Mac. So I wanted external hard drives that I can access all my pictures and videos from my tv when ever I wanted. That is my goal.

Any suggestions Apple or Non-Apple would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Oct 13, 2015 6:01 PM in response to mj_and_hj

Thanks guys for your help. Last night I played around and plugged my portable 500gb hard drive directly into the usb of my Vizio tv. And every video played. Awesome. Emailed Vizio and they said it could handle up to 65gb, ok lol.

Long term I am looking into getting this hard drive:

http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/portable-hard-drives/wireless/wirele ss-plus/

I think that will take care of my issue and is something Apple should promote, at least make it easier for those of us who want access to our videos without having to use a computer.

Again thanks for the help.

How to watch all iPhone videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.