Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Check for available download problem?

Hi. In the past I downloaded one app which was updated a few days ago. I wanted to update the app but when I have tried it, itunes states: "You have already purchased this item but it has not been downloaded. To download it, select Check For Available Downloads from the Store menu." So I was not able to update the app and even checked for available option did not work. Any solution how to download it anyway?

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 5:16 PM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2015 12:14 AM in response to václav

If it's an update then does it show in the Updates tab in the Apps section of your iTunes library ?

User uploaded file

You should be able to download an update for an individual app by right-clicking it, command-clicking on a Mac, and selecting download update on the popup - or to download all updates click the button bottom right.

Or if you don't have the app in your library, does it show in the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage (for me Purchased doesn't show under Quick Links when viewing the Apps homepage in the store, but does for music, films etc) for downloading ?

Oct 13, 2015 4:30 AM in response to King_Penguin

Yes, it was located there. But when I tried to download update from Updates section, iTunes stated what I have already mentioned: "You have already purchased this item but it has not been downloaded. To download it, select Check For Available Downloads from the Store menu." So I was not able to download update using update section. Then I deleted the app and tried to download it again, but iTunes stated the same infromation like before. And yes, app can be found in Purchased section but still I am not able to download it - the same problem again. But thank you anyway 🙂

Check for available download problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.