Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stolen macbook

Good morning. My macbook was stolen yesterday when I wasnt at home. I have tried using another laptop to trace my macbook via icloud but everytime i try do so, it says that I have to set up in an iOS device before using it. Thus using a friend's phone, i managed to log into icloud and start tracing. However, the location on the map shows the position of my friend's phone, instead of my macbook. Shouldnt my macbook also turn up on the map?

Is there a way that i can lock my macbook and if someone tries to access it I would get a notification?

Please help. Thank you so much

MacBook

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 6:46 PM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2015 6:38 AM in response to dineshdpau

dineshdpau wrote:

I have reported. Is there any way the laptop can be locked?similar like when an iphone goes lost, if reported the iphone is locked and is trackable when it is switched on am i right?

Yes, it can be locked. That article I provided above has a link that will walk you through it or alternatively you can have a gander here -- iCloud: Use Lost Mode

stolen macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.