Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to provide the purchasing receipt to service center to get my Early2011 fixed in Repair Extension Program for Video Issues?

Hello,

I have Macbook pro 15" early 2011 with an issue of discrete video card, I went to service center of apple in Egypt called "trade line" they asked for the purchasing receipt which I don't have because I bought it used. my question is

Do I have to provide the purchasing receipt to service center? to get my mbp fixed for free in Repair Extension Program for Video Issues

Thank you 🙂

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 7:15 PM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2015 7:36 PM in response to hhnnaayy

Well, Apple states in the warranty that they may request the purchase receipt; I do not know what an authorized service center in Egypt would require. However, the serial number should be available in Apple's records and they could look it up that way - if the seller did not remove it from his support profile, it may still be in his/her name.

Oct 13, 2015 12:58 AM in response to babowa

Thank you sir, I asked them to check with my serial number and they said that it's individual system for each re-seller and if the original buyer bought it from another re-seller they will not have data on their system.

I would appreciate if someone used that repair extension program and tell me if they asked for a receipt to fix it or not ?

I see no need for the receipt as long as it's apple trade with an known issue, that's why i'm not convinced of what I've been told in the service center.

Oct 13, 2015 8:31 AM in response to hhnnaayy

It really doesn't matter what other service centers have required from other people - you need to deal with the reseller you are in contact with. In my case, I called Apple (in the US) and they looked up my machine with the serial number. I would tell the service center to check Apple's database, not another reseller's. And, I would contact Apple directly; if you do not have an Apple store in your country, contact them in the US - use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

Do I have to provide the purchasing receipt to service center to get my Early2011 fixed in Repair Extension Program for Video Issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.