Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen froze. I updated to 9.0.2. The screen froze again today. I cannot turn off the phone to restore it from iTunes. Seriously?

My screen froze. I updated to 9.0.2. The screen froze again today. I cannot turn off the phone to restore it from iTunes. Seriously? Does anyone have any ideas for a fix?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 8:29 PM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2015 9:23 PM in response to alaskachic93

I'm getting this quite frequently since 9.0.2 update. I do a hard reset by holding the home button and the top button until the phone powers off. Then hold the top button to power it back on. Very annoying. I'm on an iPhone 5. It takes quite a while to reboot.

I was thinking of possibly reinstalling software as new phone to see if it helps. But such a pain if it doesn't so I haven't bothered.

Oct 12, 2015 11:45 PM in response to alaskachic93

To make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

If the phone works as before the update, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

You might have to reset the phone and connect it in recovery mode to restore the phone, described in this article:

If you can't update or restore your iOS device

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

My screen froze. I updated to 9.0.2. The screen froze again today. I cannot turn off the phone to restore it from iTunes. Seriously?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.