Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 5.0.4 upgrade from 5.0.1 is finally working.

I was having the same problem as dozens of other users, and my server at first appeared to loose the brain. An Apple Engineer was supposed to call me, but I did not get the call. I went through the same fix after fix as all the techs in the postings did. I read almost all of the postings, one common problem is the same for all of us - redirecting of the sites to WIKI.

Lastly I did reinstall the server - no resolve.

Rebuilt DNS - no resolve.

Moved certificates - no resolve.

Resetting server to factory defaults - no resolve.

Today I see the issue was simple for me.

I changed the configuration of the IP Address from dedicated server IP to Any in my site config. I verified that I am pointing to proper server documents folder in Store Sites Files In location, verified that DNS is pointing to proper website with server IP, stopped WEB and WIKI servers, started and all back to 'good old days'

Secure sites work, unsecured sites work, I noticed better performan

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 7:43 PM

2 replies

Oct 31, 2015 3:32 PM in response to marcusreese

Marcusreese,

Sorry for late response, since I fixed my set up I stopped actively looking for any ideas to solve this problem.

Open server, select Websites Service, Add: if it's not there - your site. Make sure to create a DNS entry for it.

Fill in domain name, IP address - ANY, Port:80

I use no SSL for this site

Store Site Files in: select your destination by picking the default document I also use different drive (make sure to grant at least Reader ACL to the drive and where the files are), system will record that once you click OK

Who can Access: make your selection, in my case Anyone

Fields below: Additional Domains, Redirects, Aliases (in my case empty), Advanced Settings (nothing selected)

Click OK to save it. It required no reboot, it worked instantly but if you wish, do it.

I see now that my web service and all websites resolve real quick, unlike before, and it is an older machine too.

MackS

My 5.0.4 upgrade from 5.0.1 is finally working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.