Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Won't Load Yahoo.com Content - Gets Stuck

Ever since I upgraded to Yosemite (I think that was the time frame), Safari is having difficulty loading web pages completely. In particular, Yahoo.com won't load correctly. Specifically, it gets hung up on the images. In other words, it loads most of the text but won't load the photos. And, if I click on an article, the page begins to load, but then won't fully load. (There are occasions where this problem does not happen. But, it does about 80% of the time, it seems.) And, I don't think it has this problem with any other websites.

Also, for what it's worth, I've tried to clear out everything I can find in the Preferences window. (Removed all website data, no extensions.)

And, I read somewhere to test to see if it happens in as a Guest user. It seems to work perfectly when logged into a Guest user. So, I'm guessing it has something to do with my user settings? But, how do I fix this?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:30 AM

Delete com.apple.Safari.plist file and test.

Empty the Trash.

Quit all applications.

Hold the option key down and click the "Go" menu in the Finder menu bar.

Select "Library" from the drop down.

Library > Preferences > com.apple.Safari.plist

Right click on it and select "Move it to Trash".

Restart. Relaunch Safari.

If this doesn’t help, “Put Back” the com.apple.Safari.plist

Right click on the Trash icon in the Dock and select “Open”.

Right click on the com.apple.Safari.plist and select “Put Back”.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 5:30 AM in response to HollywoodGuy

Delete com.apple.Safari.plist file and test.

Empty the Trash.

Quit all applications.

Hold the option key down and click the "Go" menu in the Finder menu bar.

Select "Library" from the drop down.

Library > Preferences > com.apple.Safari.plist

Right click on it and select "Move it to Trash".

Restart. Relaunch Safari.

If this doesn’t help, “Put Back” the com.apple.Safari.plist

Right click on the Trash icon in the Dock and select “Open”.

Right click on the com.apple.Safari.plist and select “Put Back”.

Nov 30, 2015 5:45 PM in response to dominic23

Thanks for your help but, unfortunately, this did not solve my issue.

I've done this multiple times and every time the problem eventually comes back. (A computer restart has a similar effect. Works for a little bit, and then no pages will load from Yahoo. (The pictures on the main news carousel don't load and any news article fails to load.))

Ugh. Frustrating.

I guess I'll continue to use Firefox or something to view Yahoo content.

Jan 8, 2016 7:30 AM in response to HollywoodGuy

Safari 9

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History…. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

Safari 8

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Won't Load Yahoo.com Content - Gets Stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.