Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 6th Gen Battery Issue

Hi guy,

Need some help to rectify the battery life of an iPod Touch 6th Gen. Bought mine on 16th September 2015, and have updated to the iOS 9.0.2 after updated to this version have also factory reset it to avoid the battery drain issue. Quite happy with the battery when I'm using it for a light activity like web browsing, facebook, music, and some light gaming which could last for like 6 to 8 hour.

But I'm curios about the battery when I'm not using it, I thought A8 chip should make the battery more efficient. My case is when I've a full charge iPod, turn off the background app refresh and not running any app at the moment (just turning on the wifi). Left it on the table at midnight 12am (lock screen), when wake up in the morning my iPod only show like 20% battery left. What exactly happen to my iPod? Any hidden app or software is draining my battery? The settings which I configure as follow:-

Notification > off

display > 30%

Location Services > off

fetch new data > off

I have tried few method, and the only way I can preserve my battery until next morning is to turn on flight mode and turn off the wifi.

Anyone here encounter this??

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 9:51 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 1:44 PM in response to Yu Heng

I have had a similar problem with the 6th Gen touch! I have tried everything, even swapping it out for a new one! The same problem still occurs with the new one. My problem is that it drops to red battery if I leave it alone for a few days. I think that it may be just because the iPods' battery indicator is inaccurate. One time mine stayed on red battery for like 4 hours, so its not like the battery itself is bad. My advice would be to just charge it overnight (even if it is close to full, fully charge it). After that if you have any more problems, you should consider taking it to the Genius Bar. Good Luck!

iPod Touch 6th Gen Battery Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.